Polymer Clay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working with resin?

3 posters

Go down

Working with resin? Empty Working with resin?

Post  NoveltiQ Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 pm

I've had some for awhile and I've decided to try and experiment with some tomorrow. I've got mica, heart molds, and plenty of things to float in the resin. I was wondering is anyone had any experience in Resin.
NoveltiQ
NoveltiQ

http://noveltiq.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Working with resin? Empty Re: Working with resin?

Post  moofestgirl Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 am

I tried my hand in it a while ago, and I love it.

But you're going to bee more materials than just that. Mold release is a god send, sand paper for finishing sharp edges (I prefer a dremel because it starts to suck really fast), also bails or screw eyes.

The best tip I can give you is DO NOT RUSH WHEN MIXING THE CATALYST WITH THE BASE!!!!!! I didn't mix mine properly once and I had mooshy pockets of base through out a whole batch of pendants. Not fun.

Also, if you don't have mold release - It's not cheap, like 10$ for a small bottle - I think I read somewhere that you can use veggie oil or that spray stuff. Not a lot, so if you use the spray take a paper towel and wipe out excess, same with the veggie oil.
moofestgirl
moofestgirl

http://babyelephantproducts.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lorriemayse Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Resin is an alternative material that is gaining popularity with jewelry and mixed media artists there are many different brands of resin available for artists and craters to experiment with.

lorriemayse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum